Thursday 24 November 2011

Skills Development: New Editing skills I have learnt during editing my group’s music video.

The new skills that I have learnt during editing our music video is to layer one base track over another in sync with the song track. Then double clicking on the track it opens up and I am able to add ‘markers’ to the track by pressing the letter ‘M’ on the keyboard. This allows me to mark off each beat of the song so I am able to edit on each of the beats in correspondence with the recording of the scenes.

I also learnt how to slow down footages to make the scene look more dramatic. When editing the music video, I learnt how to slow the speed of the footage down to any percentage that I thought would be suitable. I also learnt how to use 8 point garbage where you can manipulate a scene for example with my one was our artist is in the middle in normal pace with the background in fast motion by using 8 point garbage





I also learnt how to manipulate the colour filter of the footages to make it look like a particular way like if I wanted the scene to have a hint of blue I would use the colour filter to achieve this.



No comments:

Post a Comment