Saturday 26 November 2011

Skills development: Editing skills

 In As I wasn't able to do much editing so I was a bit worried about editing this year but I was surprised that I was better at editing than i thought I was .This year I think I have learnt a lot of editing skills I think I was the one that done most of the editing except for Ahmed which done a small part of editing of  our video because of doing all the editing I think I have learnt a lot about editing this year. 




Layering all the base tracks underneath each other
At first I found it difficult to figure out which way to move the clips to sync it with the song but over time I got used to it. When editing I found out that it was important to film the whole song for each base track so when it comes to editing the base tracks it will be easier to cut the clips up after layering all the base tracks underneath each other but at first we didn't film the whole even though while filming I mention to my group that we should film the whole song instead of just filming different parts of the song. But in when we had to reshoot some of our base tracks we filmed the whole so when I edited it was much easier to sync all the clips with the song.
Colour correction effect I thought this will make these shots work well with the other shots that were dim by changing the colour of the shot to look a bit more blue I think sets the mood of the song and our theme we wanted to create.
The 8 point garbage was the difficult one to perfect but I remembered how to done it but when I check the effects it had it didn't look right so we decided not to use this effect but instead I speed up this clip so the people behind Yumi will look like their walking fast the good thing when I did this is that Yumi still looks like she is standing still this is what we wanted to achieve and I was able to do it without  having to use the 8 point garbage effect in the end.

Using the fade in and out effect made the clips have a smooth transition which made our music video have more flow and look more professional.







After layering all the base tracks I was able cut the clips and use the base track that I thought was the most powerful for that specific part of the song.




Me editing

I slowed down to 50 %  this shot to make the leafs fall down slowly creating a peaceful effect.


Overall I think I have learnt how to use final cut pro better and I got the hang of using the different technical effects on it I enjoyed editing our music video even though it was a bit stressful because I was the only one that was editing major parts of our music video in our group. 






No comments:

Post a Comment