Sunday 25 September 2011

Reflection on Digipak production

Digipack

Inspiration for my Digipack
I first started off looking at other Digipacks that could inspire me for my own. I looked at a variety of Digipacks but this one caught my eye because the front cover instantly gave me an impression that these songs on the album will be based around thier experience when they were younger at the beach and other holidays. I knew these information just simply identifying the images to what the connote like the sand connotes a sandy beach. I wanted my images on my Digipack to sell what the songs are all about. 


The Photoshop tutorial showed me how to add images and how to edit these like adding effects, and how to add personalised texts and colour to fit it’s purpose. I found it quite difficult to get my head around where the specific tools were, but with practises of using Photoshop, I learned the basic skills, which I put to good use when creating the Digipack Cover. The front cover of the Digipack was the image of Nathan surfing coinciding with the song. I chose this image with me having to edit the image background out and adding a surfboard through the vector tools, wanted that very simple image to describe what the song is all about. I used images of butterflies from clip art to be used at the back of the cover so that the track list is seen more aesthetically pleasing, more striking too look at. 


The tools I used when creating h Digipack were Vector Tools to create shapes like the surfboard, I used the paint palette to add different colours to reflect the music like lots of blue and yellow – soothing colours and I used the text tool to add text such as the title of the Digipack which is also the title of the song we lip synced – FUN FUN FUN! I am very happy with the finished Digipack because it was the first time I ever created something like this, and for a first timer, the finished product looked very promising. However, what I found difficult about this part was that I had very specific ideas about what I wanted like wavy lines and creative effects but I found it difficult to locate the tools that I could achieve this. The way I would overcome this next would be asking my teachers help or asking someone from class to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment