Saturday 1 October 2011

Skills Audit: think back to the research you conducted for AS work; how have your skills in research developed since then?

My skills in research tasks have developed by what inspires me. I look for certain qualities from Thriller videos that I can apply in our own version. When in AS, I watched a lot of Thriller Movies and programmes that helped with the brainstorming of what we can achieve in our Thriller video. For example, I watched the scene from “Ashes to Ashes” where the woman enters the car and everything seems to be normal, she looks at the rear view mirror and everything seems to be safe but when she looks behind, she sees a man with a gun. Scenes like these help inspire me as I can take this example and make it my own. This skill of learning what it takes to create a false plateau was done by the research and understanding of the scene.

Furthermore, my skills in working with the Macs has developed because since before AS, I never worked with a Mac computer, but during editing, I worked very closely with my group, where I learnt how to edit and how to use the software’s in achieving what I wanted out of it. Like in the beginning of the scene, we have lots of fade in into other shots. Having said this however, I still need to develop my editing skills because I still find this process hard like when we have to add in the titles and the music.

My skills in camerawork has extremely developed because I never knew had to use a camera properly but when we made our thriller opening, I got a better understanding of how to hold the camera, how to focus on the correct things, how to handle it and more importantly how to use it like knowing which buttons on the camera were what.

I hope these skills come in handy when we make our Music Video. I believe that these skills will come to great importance because here is where they’ll be needed the most. For example, there needs to be some sort of understanding of what the conventions are for a music video which will be conducted by watch other music videos and seeing what they all do, which I have done. We will also need a great understanding of editing and the effect that we want, which I possess a minimum of, but my great speciality is using the camera. I am aware that these skills will also help my group members as their skills will help me greatly. I believe that we all possess important skills that will help each other out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment