Tuesday 25 October 2011

Quick Influential Ideas from various Music Videos that will some way hopefully inspire our Filming


Before the day of filming, I was watching a lot of music videos from various artists from the music channels on TV. A couple of videos caught my eye because there were some shots, scenes, editing and mise en scene that I thought would look good for our video. These are just ideas that I thought I should blog about as they might be beneficial to the influence of what we are trying to achieve.


These shots are from the music video “Lego House” by ‘Ed Sheeran’. In this shot, we see the artist right in the middle of the scene, emphasising his isolation and his loneliness. I think this idea and how it’s done might be really good for our video by having our artist sitting in the middle of the Bandstand/Gazebo, showing her isolation and her loneliness.

I really like this shot of how the lighting from the sunlight shines over the artist, it gives a really warm feeling as an audience member watching this video. It makes me feel warmth for the artist by the softness of the lighting. I hope we are lucky when we are doing our filming, that we can use the sunlight to our advantage

I like in this shot how the close up of the face almost fills the whole screen with such an emotive facial expression – passively channelling the lyrics of the song to the audience. 


I like the usage of the tracking shot because it captures his mood towards the song by slowly tracking around him accompanied by his passionate performance. The use of tracking shot just illustrates how emotionally moving this song is. 




From this music video called “I’m Yours” by ‘Jason Mraz’, I really like how in the beginning of the video, its accompanied by a solo of the guitar being played. The shots used to accompany this solo almost sets up who the artist is. I really like this idea because each shot is from a different base track. And when the lyrics of the song begins, we have a close up of the artist mouth singing the song.


I like the subtlety of this music by how there are shots that illustrate how the song feels and how the song isn’t just composed of the artist just singing but there are scenes where the artist is having fun and dancing without having to sing. I like this idea because we don’t have to make our artist sing all the time, she can be doing something else similar to this video.  


I really like how the base track is shot from different angles. But what I really like is that these shots aren’t used straight after each other but played separately during he video, giving it a variety of different scenes of the music video. This perfectly fits in with Fahmida’s idea of how we should be filming our artist when in the Bandstand.


I like how this video experiments with colour as they change the colour distortion to make it look more like a photographed picture.



From the music video “Warwick Avenue” by ‘Duffy’ I really love the whole drained out/washed out effect that the artist very passively gives out towards the audience. I think this look will go perfectly with when we film our gothic base track scene. I also really love how her make up is running down her face. I imagine this idea of the make up running down her face with our artist because she will be wearing heavy make up applied by Fahmida onto Yumi – our artist, which will look really amazing and get our point of view across which is to stay true to who you are. We also had the idea of having our artist wiping away her make up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment