Wednesday 11 January 2012

Storyboard for FINAL Digipak

Here you can see my storyboard of my Digipak and what goal I would like to achieve. (Apologies for the bad drawing!) I wanted arrange the front cover of the Digipak by having the artist image at the edge on the right hand side. This is because I wanted the shadow to be formed giving the image a 3D effect – realism. It was also because the stance that she is in, where she is looking at the right hand side, if I was to place that image in the middle, it felt out of place. I wanted t follow the idea of the Rihanna digipak by having the artist name spread out across at the top with the title of the album spread out at the bottom. I wanted to keep he colour scheme same and consistent for every panel and the advertisement. The title is called YUMI but I turned the ‘I’ into an exclamation mark to have some voice – YUM!


Front & Back cover of Digipak
At the back of the digipak, I have the image of our artist laying her back against the wall with her eyes closed to show how she feels the music with her guitar. I also want the track list to be formed by having it cascade down and shifting towards the right hand side. This is because it should almost sit comfortably on the slanted guitar –where the music comes from. The font of the text will be the same – Ariel. The back cover will also contain the relevant information that usually goes with a conventional digipak like the record label, barcode etc. Both the images that consist on the front and back of the digipak should be illustrated – drawn over the original image because I want the feeling of how the artist is feeling to be emphasised and to be powerful. 


The inside of the digipak will of course consist o the CD and the background should have the original images of the artist behind a pink box that is slightly transparent, acting as a filter to give off a light pink colour. 
Inside of Digipak

No comments:

Post a Comment