Thursday 5 January 2012

First Draft Design of Digipak

Here is one of the practise designs of a Digipak that I created which was inspired from Jessie J’s album. It was crucial to have the artist on the front of the Digipak which I thought had t convey the type of artist she is. Looking at the Jessie J album, there is a lot of dark colours used to show that this albums going to consist of man heartfelt songs that emphasises the emotions. I wanted this same effect on my design mock up so instead of using black, I felt a multi colour palette would fit prefect to show the different variations of feeling and emotions like the colour red connoting love. I wanted the picture of the artist to be an exaggeration of a particular feeling so I dramatised the lips melting to show how the passion of love is dripping away – she is losing herself.




I also concentrated on the effect I wanted out of the artist name. I decided to copy the effect used in the Jessie J album so I decided to go with the flowing letters and the orange and yellow colour combination with the white glare coming off of it, giving it that special shine.

I added a flying bird onto the front cover of the Digipak as a metaphor to show how our artist has grown her wings and is finally ready to be set free and be who she wants to be. Hopefully this message should inspire the audience who would buy this because they would see our artist as a role model.

I showed my teacher Rebecca about what she thought about it and at first glance she said it was really striking but I didn’t keep in with the guidelines because “you are only allowed 3 colour combination which must be consistent and also there’s too much going on at the front cover which makes it a bit confusing”. I took on board this critique and hopefully when I create my second draft of my Digipak, it should work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment