Thursday 5 January 2012

Second Draft of Digipak

Here is another draft of my Digipak which I am quite pleased with myself because of the amount of detail I have put in it. Staying with the guidelines, I put minimal material at the front cover to keep it simple and effective and understandable. You can see that I have drew our artist in a stance with her finger covering her lips to show that she is keeping her songs hidden from the audience and the only way they would find out that information would be buying the Digipak. I have made sure to just have a medium close up of our artist because that is how most conventional front covers consist of. 



You can see that I have the artist name written upon her hair acting like a motif of being special and unique, coinciding with the lyrics to the main song ‘Who You Are’.  I have written ‘who you are’ at the bottom in capitals like the Rihanna Digipak. I have focused on the make up of our artist which I thought I would add artificially on the computer. This is because I want the colour to connote the genre which is ‘RNB and Pop’ and the make up colour should be consistent with the colour design of the ancillary products – but that’s just an idea!

At the back cover, I thought about the idea of secrecy because of the first feeling you get when you lose who you really are. I wanted this to be the opposite picture of the front cover giving you an inside of the two feelings of the song and the Digipak. I drew her behind a paper fan because of the masquerade feeling. On the fan, I have the titles of the songs that consist in the Digipak.

I have also taken the initiative of putting the relevant information like the barcode and the record label etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment