Tuesday 13 December 2011

Research; Ancilliary Products


In school, I was looking through the application ‘Fontcase’, to see some potential fonts and design that might look appealing on my ancillary products = Digipak and Advertisement.

 I went through a couple which caught my eye and got me thinking of how it would accentuate my ancillary products. In the first design of fonts, you can see that I was looking at how the shape of the letters become long almost becoming a border which got me thinking that it could be the birder around the digipak and the advert. You see that I wrote down ‘Who You Are’ because that is the title of my Digipak and advert.


The second design that I went through in ‘Fontcase’ was this design. I thought that the idea of the lettering split in half gives an isolated and misplaced feeling which perfectly coincides with the lyrics of the song. You can see that I wrote ‘Yumi’ because she is our artist and you must have the artist name and picture in both the ancillary products because you are meant to promote the artist. 


The third design I wanted the effect that the words looked like it was written by hand because it feels as if the artist herself has written it personally which gives a special quality to the Digipak which entices the audience to buy it. I like this design because you can experiment how it should look like. 


The fourth design caught my eye because this was an even more exaggerated version of the handwriting effect. However, this design doesn’t seem to work because it feels to composed and too stiff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment